Health and Social Care
Line Manager: Miss Lauren Studders
How students are assessed
Year 9: Project work
Year 10: Coursework – 6 assignments over two units
Year 11: PPE exam (1 hour) in November and BTEC Exam (1 hour) in January for one unit.
Coursework – 2 assignments for one unit
Guidance for pupils
Homework: Research for Coursework, BTEC exam questions
Independent Learning: Assertive Mentoring (KS4), Research, Project Work, Educational Offsite Visits and Guest Speakers
Revision & Resources: 1:1 Interventions,Revision Packs Provided, Walking Talking Mock exams, After School Revision Sessions. Example pieces of coursework.
How parents can help
- Support homework, provide opportunities to discuss relevant topics, research tasks and Educational Visits.
- Support for attendance at After School Revision Sessions.
- Support in Purchasing Revision Material.
- Testing pupils knowledge during exam period.
- Time to complete coursework.